Kiwi, Avocado & Matcha Smoothie Bowl
I wrote this recipe for my cookbook that Im working on. Yet Im going to give you a sneak peek into this recipe as I have already had it published in a few places! And also, its the perfect time of the year for a new smoothie recipe, with the start of Summer here and that wonderful incentive you feel to eat more healthy, fresh foods!
Smoothie bowls are such a great way to enjoy everything you love about a smoothie, with a little extra fun and nourishment. If you find your morning smoothie doesn’t sustain you for too long, try topping it with some extra nuts, seeds, dried fruit, fresh fruit, oats or buckinis. You can also try adding a teaspoon of plant-based protein for a little extra substance.
- 1 banana (preferably frozen)
- ½ a ripe avocado
- 2 leaves of kale, stems removed
- ¼ teaspoon of orange zest
- 1 teaspoon of matcha powder*
- 1 heaped tablespoon of vanilla protein powder*
- ½ teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1 kiwi fruit (skin removed)
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- ½ cup of your favourite plant-based milk- coconut or almond work great.
Chop up your banana, avocado and kale and place them in the blender with the remaining ingredients.
Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
Pour your smoothie into a bowl and top with-
- 1 teaspoon of buck inis (or your favourite granola)
- 1 teaspoon of pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of coconut shreds
- 1 teaspoon of dried rose petals (optional)
- A few slices of blood orange for garnish.
Enjoy with a spoon!
*I love using Matcha Maiden matcha powder.
* I always use Amazonia protein powders- this recipe uses their vanilla and lucuma flavour.